OT Fwd: BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!
l***@acd.net
2008-11-15 14:16:16 UTC
Message sent to my sister. Brings up some interesting points to consider.

Stokeby's full english in a K-Briar half bent Apple.

2008-11-15 16:27:01 UTC
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp
Charles
2008-11-15 16:43:10 UTC
Post by Ian
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp
Thanx Ian. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
And I'm still a cheap bastid for clipping cleaners..lol

Funn
spurgeon
2008-11-15 21:12:03 UTC
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:43 AM
[...]
My best friend is a black Ohio state trooper. I asked him once if
he was offended I refer to him as black, he said "I don't refer to you
as European Caucasian" so I don't want to be referred to as African
American. He loathes people of any race who think they deserve
something because of who they or their fathers were. He wants to be
known by who HE is and what HE has done. If only all people thought
the same. I love my brother and have nothing but the deepest respect
for him, even if he isn't a fellow pipe smoker (but there's always
hope).
NICHE541
2008-11-15 21:58:27 UTC
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:43 AM
[...]
Dear ljlamere
I taught high school as well as college in my lifetime and I became
aware of the fact that we had "special days" for every group except
the Irish, Scotch, French English an American Indian with the only
exception being St. Patricks Day. In the early 90s when I went back
into teaching from industry there was a big emphasis on the Asian New
Year or "Tet" and when I retired in 2002 the emphasis was on the
Mexican holidays. The Mexican organizations were aimed at making
Mexico greater than the United States. The Asians have done a good job
of becoming part of the "american family" and they are industrious
and hard working but the Mexicans want a hand out. Oh , yes I realize
there has been a great struggle for the Mexican people but they don't
want to become part of the "American family". Am I raciest? I don't
think so. My background is Irish-Scottish and American Indian and now
my family have integrated with blacks and we have 4 black members of
"our family". We need to get along with each other and realize that
America is a place where all people have the FREEDOM to become members
of the "American Family of Man.
Sincerely, John in the Indian Nations
Leonidas Acidophilus
2008-11-15 22:11:00 UTC
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 13:58:27 -0800 (PST), NICHE541
Post by NICHE541
they are industrious
and hard working but the Mexicans want a hand out.
John, prejudice is about judging someone before you know them. ("Pre"
+ "judge".) There is no way you could know all the Mexican people, so
this is a prejudiced statement. I know that that should be obvious,
but it doesn't seem to be.

Racism is racial prejudice. That's obvious too, I know. I'm assuming
that if you say all Mexicans want a hand-out, that you believe it. To
hold racially-prejudiced beliefs is to be racist. That should also be
obvious, although, again, it doesn't appear to be.

Ian
http://rastallian.blogspot.com/
NICHE541
2008-11-15 23:30:24 UTC
Post by NICHE541
they are industrious
and hard working but the Mexicans want a hand out.
John, prejudice is about judging someone before you know them. ("Pre"
+ "judge".) There is no way you could know all the Mexican people, so
this is a prejudiced statement. I know that that should be obvious,
but it doesn't seem to be.
Racism is racial prejudice. That's obvious too, I know. I'm assuming
that if you say all Mexicans want a hand-out, that you believe it. To
hold racially-prejudiced beliefs is to be racist. That should also be
obvious, although, again, it doesn't appear to be.
Ian
--http://rastallian.blogspot.com/
I taught in public schools that had populations of mainly black
students and schools that had high concentrations of mexican students.
I got along with both and was fair to both. I went to the homes of
both and dealt with the parents of both. It was not the race that
bothers me it was the culture that I don't like. I should have
included the % of people with this attitude, for this I offer an
apology. I might add that I went to high school in Buena
Park ,California and it was predominently mexican. I was the minority
and was ridiculed for having the audacity to try to get a straight
"A' grade average. The general air was to just try to get by. There
were two mexican students that did try to better themselves but the
culture was not geared that way. What I remember most was the gangs.
Thirty years later I saw the same gangs in a different part of the
country but now they were based upon the drug culture. There were
exceptions to this attitude and yes some of the family's had
businesses and were productive and taught their children to do the
same but they were in the miniorty. You could ask my students if I
showed preference to any groups and you will find that I didn't. I
taught chemistry and it was a difficult subject for many students but
I kept in contact with parents and offered tutoring to anyone that
needed it.
If I showed prejudice it was to cheaters and they were of all races. I
took courses on "getting along with different cultures" and I took
these courses to heart. But I will not put up with cheaters and I
won't pass students that don't give a damn. If you want to know why
american public schools do so poorly on the international scene talk
to the administrators that tell teachers to take it easy on students
and that they have to have a certain % of the students with A's and
B's and C's and D's and F's regardless of what they learned. Several
times I went to the councilor and ask why a student was put into
chemistry without math skills? "Well he had Algebra I" but when I
looked into the students grades he had made a D in Algebra I. He was
probably one of those that was assigned a D so that he could meet the
criteria that was put on the Algebra teacher to pass students. Is a
student that made a grade of D ever going to be able to understand the
gas laws?Hell No! not with this attitude to "just get by"
I will now get down from my podium. and smoke my Norse Gold in a Ben
wade and go read more so that I can improve myself to another level
John in the Indian Nations
Leonidas Acidophilus
2008-11-15 23:50:30 UTC
Well John, aside from asking you to name a percentage, I would just
ask, what would have happened if you'd told your Mexican students that
their parents were only interested in a handout? And let's not get
into semantics, either. *Whatever* you believe about *whichever*
percentage of Mexican people, how do you think those students would
have felt if they'd known their teacher felt that way?

Ian
http://rastallian.blogspot.com/
Jimmy Muraco
2008-11-16 00:17:37 UTC
I live in a place called America where we are able to have our own
opinions about things whether or not anyone else agrees or not. Love it,
hate it, doesn't matter...it's just someone's opinion and it's their
right to have it.

It's when someone insists on forcing their opinions on the rest of the
world as if it were gospel and demanding that others agree (voluntarily
or involuntarily) is where it becomes a problem.

Ah yes...the Hammers of Conformity are marching on...

Jimmy "da Pipe" Muraco
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmuraco/
http://thesmokingtiger.blogspot.com/
http://straightgrain.blogspot.com/
http://thetigerspaw.blogspot.com/
http://www.editred.com/JMuraco
Ian
Leonidas Acidophilus
2008-11-16 00:20:59 UTC
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:17:37 -0500, Jimmy Muraco
Post by Jimmy Muraco
It's when someone insists on forcing their opinions on the rest of the
world as if it were gospel and demanding that others agree (voluntarily
or involuntarily) is where it becomes a problem.
I think my opinion is that racism is a bad thing. I'm sorry if that
offends you. Feel free to hold whatever beliefs you desire. This is
America. You can hate whoever you want.

Ian
http://rastallian.blogspot.com/
NICHE541
2008-11-16 02:13:47 UTC
Post by Jimmy Muraco
It's when someone insists on forcing their opinions on the rest of the
world as if it were gospel and demanding that others agree (voluntarily
or involuntarily) is where it becomes a problem.
I think my opinion is that racism is a bad thing. I'm sorry if that
offends you. Feel free to hold whatever beliefs you desire. This is
America. You can hate whoever you want.
Ian
--http://rastallian.blogspot.com/
Thank you for all the historical information.
Do you think that this is the first time I have heard all of this
information? How old are you anyway? What kind of life experiences do
you draw from? I have been through all of this education before. Yes I
know about the prejudice of my ancestors had to deal with when they
came from Ireland. My ancestors from Ireland had to change their name
from O’sheehan to Sheehan so they could get a job. I am aware of the
KKK and the atrocities they perpetrated upon the black people of the
world. I am aware of the Jewish Holocaust from the Nazis my uncle Carl
helped liberate the Jewish prisoners from Boucanwauld(spelling) My
point is that you are telling me nothing new. I know first hand of
the prejudice of the Mexicans toward me. I was beaten up by 3 Mexican
guys because I would not let them cheat off of my paper in
highschool. I tried to date a Mexican girl and her brothers told me
their sister was not going out with a gringo. You are not the only one
that has knowledge of what prejudice consists
As for my students I told all of them that they had to prove
themselves to me, that my class was an opportunity to make a grade and
improve themselves. I told the students that if they wanted to get
ahead in the world they had to start now and get themselves out of
their “comfort zone”.
A quote from my lecture series;
“Who do you think you are? What do you think of yourself? Are you
practicing being the kind of person you want to be. You are one of a
kind. You are the only person in the world just like you .You are
engineered for success. What are you going to do with the fact that
you are special? Are you going to set by the wayside and watch the
world go by or are you going to dig in and do your best to improve the
world? When you are gone what legacy will you leave behind? Will the
world be a better place for your being here? Do it NOW. Make a
difference!! Spend time every day with that person you want to be. Set
down and write down on paper a description of the kind of person you
want to be. Write down specific goals, however small they may be
today. These small goals will accumulate to help get you to larger
goals. You can spend time reading trash in some dark corner or spend
time reading the works of great philosophers and thinkers and grow up
to be anything you want to be.………….But you have to set goals or you
will end up letting the government take care of you. “
Two of my Mexican students took this to heart, one became a physician
the other an engineer. The others said “They would rather the
government took care of them” They knew I was disgusted. I went to
the parents of all of those students and explained to them where I was
coming from and that I was there to help them. They knew. They knew
and just didn’t give a damn.
Spend your time preaching to someone else. You are preaching to the
choir
John in the Indian Nations
Flavius
John in the Indian Nations
Joe
2008-11-16 06:41:45 UTC
Post by Jimmy Muraco
It's when someone insists on forcing their opinions on the rest of the
world as if it were gospel and demanding that others agree (voluntarily
or involuntarily) is where it becomes a problem.
I think my opinion is that racism is a bad thing. I'm sorry if that
offends you. Feel free to hold whatever beliefs you desire. This is
America. You can hate whoever you want.
While I would tend to agree with you, I think that we have moved on
from racism being the worst crime, and are now afraid of the boogeyman
of racism...

In other words, a large number of people now live thier public lives
in an attempt to offend noone, so as to not be perceived as racist.
The fact that many of them are clearly not doesn't matter, as a
mis-placed comment can quickly change everyone's perception. We've
eliminated honesty in public debate because it could hurt people's
feelings.

Do all Mexicans want a hand-out? Of course not. Is there a large
public movement of Mexican born immigrants (legal or illegal) that
believe that they deserve such freebies, and wish to take over the US
by means of population explosion paid for by the hapless Americans?
Yes.

Sometimes, it is in the best interest of everyone to dig down below
what you are told to think, and look at things realistically.
--
Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
joe at hits - buffalo dot com
time..." - Danny, American History X
bluewind
2008-11-16 08:09:07 UTC
Andy Rooney's opinion mirrors many.
Well, at least there is someone in this country that has some common
sense!! Stop the PC nonsense and face the facts - get a grip people.

CBS DIDN'T STOP HIM... Amazing
Good for Andy!!!
Surprised CBS let him get away with this even though many liberal
minded do not want to hear common sense.

Symbolism means more than substance to far too many Americans - wake
up and smell the coffee.
If the truth hurts, too bad.

From '60 Minutes' a few weeks back, Andy Rooney stated:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory
are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things
like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what
happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You
can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to
ban you from driving to the ball game.
I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why
there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU
LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?
I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia,
it is an opinion.
I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are
different, weird, or tick me off.
When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70%
of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the
Law of Probability.
I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of
cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As
a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should
have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the
countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.
I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you
threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the
word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.
I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are
qualified for any: special loan programs, government sponsored bank
loans or tax breaks, etc... so you can open a hotel, coffee shop,
trinket store, or any other business.
We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our
lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they
could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living
document; and open to their interpretations.
I don't hate the rich; I don't pity the poor
I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That
doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and
continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
operating system that's better, and put your name on the building
It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does
take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds
when necessary, and say 'NO!'

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please
don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home
until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly
infected mouth as you serve me French fries!
I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people,
and not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be
'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go
around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great,
great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be
from America and nowhere else
And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

Well said Andy
Blue
Ngo Dinh Diem
2008-11-16 09:20:09 UTC
Post by bluewind
[...]
Hmm and what about (I presume white, Anglo-Saxon, preferably
heterosexual) Americans learning the various Native American
languages? They were there first weren't they? Or do they not figure
in Mr Rooney's vision of America? Weren't there German, Irish,
Italian, French, Dutch and who knows what kind of other immigrants who
also arrived (and presumably still are arriving) there? Why don't you
try and learn their languages Mr Rooney? Once you look into what this
jackass is peddling it is really thinly, and i mean extremely thinly,
veiled racism and xenophobia at its eye watering worst. As for the
countries his ancestors tried to "free", I am still scratching my head
- could it be the Vientamese? No, that can't be right. The Cambodians,
Laotians? No, not them. The Filipinos? No. The Panamanians, Grenadans?
The odd Haitian or two? Hmmmmmmm
Knacker
2008-11-16 11:57:24 UTC
Post by Ngo Dinh Diem
Post by bluewind
[...]
The odd Haitian or two? Hmmmmmmm- Hide quoted text -
What has this to do with smoking pipes ?
jerrygarrison
2008-11-17 21:15:55 UTC
Post by Ngo Dinh Diem
Post by bluewind
[...]
What has this to do with smoking pipes ?- Hide quoted text -
Ok Pipers,
well you may smoke any pipe you chose with any tobacco in the pipe.
That is a given. Now if you want to publish your choice of pipes for
smoking and you are other than white, you come face to face with why
whites have the avantage over people who are not white. Seems that
whites have taken front seat in the line of choice of "Next" as called
out from the judge appointed holder of the door to "advantage in our
real world". I am proud of being white. I just wish everybody could
be white so we could hate each other for real reasons rather than
those used in our real world of make believe. What a world.
jerrygarrison
Joe
2008-11-18 06:30:42 UTC
Post by jerrygarrison
well you may smoke any pipe you chose with any tobacco in the pipe.
That is a given. Now if you want to publish your choice of pipes for
smoking and you are other than white, you come face to face with why
whites have the avantage over people who are not white. Seems that
whites have taken front seat in the line of choice of "Next" as called
out from the judge appointed holder of the door to "advantage in our
real world". I am proud of being white. I just wish everybody could
be white so we could hate each other for real reasons rather than
those used in our real world of make believe. What a world.
No problem, Jerry. For what it's worth, this is why I have never been
a racist. There are far too many valid reasons to dislike most
people, why resort to such a silly one?
bluewind
2008-11-16 22:45:58 UTC
Mr. Ngo Dinh Diem;
I feel I have to respond to your questions and comments to my post.
I have to think that your comments are gobbledygook — for that reason —
I’ll just use common sense to make my argument. Your questions are
nonsense—where is your logic? You do not adduce any relevant or
notable facts to prove your arguments and are completely wide of the
mark. I respectfully have to disagree with your comments.

Rooney presents a satire on current everyday American issues. His
remarkable and celebrated career began in newspapers writing for Stars
and Stripes in the European Theater during World War II,he was one of
the first journalists to fly on combat bombing raids with the 8th Air
Force over Germany during WWII and also the first to visit the German
concentration camps and write essays to expose the horrors, the evil,
and the terror of that shameful period. Therefore, I would expect he
understands a little French and German.

What about Americans leaning an aboriginal language. Why should
anyone here learn an Indigenous language unless they want to—otherwise
it doesn’t make sense to take the time and effort to lean something
that is not going to be practical and beneficial? Currently many
social scientists believe Chinese is the language that will be most
advantageous and useful. However, English is the language of this
country—it is the language that bonds us into one people. Our motto
is: E PLURIBUS UNUM: Many uniting into one. An accurate translation of
the motto is "Out of many, one" – a phrase that gracefully captures
the spirit of America. President Theodore Roosevelt once said, "We
have one language here, and that is the English language, and we
intend to see that the [assimilation] crucible turns our people out as
Americans." Maybe you do speak an aboriginal Kiwi language and it’s
been a good thing for you, if so—I am happy for you. After all—they
were the first, weren’t they?

Immigrants who come here are expected to learn English, learn our
culture, learn our history, and learn our values. It does not work
the other way around. Immigrants come here to become Americans or
they should not come—case closed. Assimilation is what it’s all
about, multilingualism is causing a growing underclass, which is
segregated and isolated into linguistic ghettos—therefore—greatly
putting many at a disadvantage and slowing down their chances of
achieving the American dream; furthermore, becoming Americans. The
vast majority of immigrants (9 to 1) believe learning English is
essential to succeed in the U.S. Not speaking English denies them a
sense of citizenship, denies them a sense of being, denies them a
sense of community, and clearly denies them from becoming Americans.
A common language establishes unity.

Racism—Rooney is a self professed liberal and atheist. He was
arrested in the 1940’s for sitting in the back of a segregated bus in
protest of Blacks being forced to sit at the “back of the bus.” He
recently highly praised and commended the citizens of this country—
80%of whom are white—for electing a black man as our president. He
stated that makes him proud, and that it “proves that the country has
"come a long way—a good way.”

Before making negative comments on America, perhaps you should stick
to commenting on your own country and Kiwi issues; clearly you sure
don’t show any knowledge of this country.

As for your question: “As for the countries his ancestors tried to
"free", see above to start.

Common sense always trumps nonsense
Kindest Regards
Blue
Briarroot
2008-11-17 11:24:01 UTC
Post by bluewind
Mr. Ngo Dinh Diem;
Before making negative comments on America, perhaps you should stick
to commenting on your own country and Kiwi issues; clearly you sure
don’t show any knowledge of this country.
As for your question: “As for the countries his ancestors tried to
"free", see above to start.
Common sense always trumps nonsense
Great post, Blue - but logic is wasted on that idiot.

Regards,

Tim Parker ... Gawith-Hoggarth Scotch Flake in a Barling billiard
--
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill
Ngo Dinh Diem
2008-11-18 07:29:22 UTC
Post by bluewind
[...]
Hello blue,

no, I do not speak Maori, but that is neither here nor there. But
crucially, I hold nothing against any Maori that wishes to
communicate in their native language which is what Mr Rooney (and
yourself by the looks of things) is aiming at. If a Maori shop-owner
was so inclined he could speak to me in Maori - that is his
prerogative, he wouldn't get much custom from me though because I
would be unable to understand what he had to say - however that is not
the point. I think people of different cultures have every right to
express themselves in whichever language they prefer. I am sure that
were you to travel to an alien country you would take comfort in being
able to speak English among Anglophones whenever you could. Your point
on assimilation is interesting and quite defensive. Have you ever
paused to think what they may have to offer you rather than expecting
them to act like a piece of blotting paper the moment they set foot in
America? I don't expect any immigrant who comes here to renounce their
roots and who they are to become something else - that is quite wrong.
The Dutch/English etc that settled there in the first place certainly
did no such thing! I think immigrants of various ethnicities etc have
much to offer us and bring welcome diversity to our country.
Post by bluewind
[...]
As you may be aware from Bland's post it appears that this e-mail is a
hoax. In any case, although I doubt whether saturation bombing of
civilian centres quite counts as an act of liberation, but if you are
content to clutch at that fiction you are more than welcome. As for
statistics - there are a plurality of sources whether they be digital/
hard copy illustrating some of the more "unfortunate" side effects of
American munificence across the globe - mostly in third world
countries, but that is another kettle of fish. Regards,
Peter.
Flavius
2008-11-19 14:54:02 UTC
The failure of our WASP culture to fully assimilate foriegn intruders will
weaken our nation and eventually destroy it.

JUST EXACTLY THE WAY THE TOLERANCE AND FAILURE TO ASSIMILATE "OUTSIDERS"
DESTROYED THE WESTERN ROMAN EMPIRE.

Peter.
Ken Dixon
2008-11-19 15:11:04 UTC
Post by Flavius
The failure of our WASP culture to fully assimilate foriegn intruders will
weaken our nation and eventually destroy it.
JUST EXACTLY THE WAY THE TOLERANCE AND FAILURE TO ASSIMILATE "OUTSIDERS"
DESTROYED THE WESTERN ROMAN EMPIRE.
The Roman army was mostly "outsiders", draftees so to speak, from
conquered lands. It was a combination of things, from their treatment of
the conquered, to political infighting, to lead poisoning that destroyed
the Roman empire.
Jimmy Muraco

the Roman empire.
Bland Allison
2008-11-17 17:18:11 UTC
Post by bluewind
Andy Rooney's opinion mirrors many.
Well, at least there is someone in this country that has some common
sense!! Stop the PC nonsense and face the facts - get a grip people.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-andyrooney.htm

and <plonk>
--
BA

"Qui hic mixerit aut cacarit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos."
Briarroot
2008-11-16 08:51:54 UTC
Post by Joe
[...]
C'mon Joe! Rationality has no place in this thread. ;-)

Regards,

Tim "pink with a few freckles" Parker ... GL Pease Cumberland in a
basket billiard
--
"A Communist is someone who reads Marx and Lenin. An anti-Communist is
someone who *understands* Marx and Lenin!" - Ronald Reagan
NICHE541
Jim Beard
2008-11-16 16:14:15 UTC
Post by Leonidas Acidophilus
John, prejudice is about judging someone before you know them. ("Pre"
+ "judge".) There is no way you could know all the Mexican people, so
this is a prejudiced statement. I know that that should be obvious,
but it doesn't seem to be.
Ian,

Excuse me (or not) but your logic is faulty. Neither you nor I nor
any mortal can ever know all the [pick your group identifier] people.
Follow your logic, and nothing can be said about any group, be they
Whites, Blacks, Browns, Yellows, or just plain Stupids, and there are
a large number of subvarieties of all those varieties.

I find it interesting that Asians who have migrated to this country
have quickly risen in socio-economic standing to above the Blacks
that have been around for a century and a half or more, and that
Hispanic immigrants in recent decades seem likely to do the same, in
addition to outnumbering the Blacks (which Hispanics already do).

Times are likely to become interesting.

Cheers!

jim b.
--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
expects users to be computer-friendly.
random
2008-11-17 12:30:20 UTC
Post by Jim Beard
[...]
I'm sure this is unrelated and uninteresting, but I heard that in some
short period of time like 20 years white people will be a minority
here in the USA. So we white folks best do whatever we can to ensure
racial equality or we are going to be in for it bigtime.
no advertisement
randyw
2008-11-15 22:49:48 UTC
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:43 AM
[...]
Boy, does this topic have the chance of possibly offending someone or
what? My family roots have, Cuba, Spain, German, Prussian, French
Moroccan and probably some other offshoots as well. A few years ago, I
was filling out a job application. There was a voluntary question
about ethnicity. I thought about filling in the box next to the option
for Hispanic, and wondered if it would prevent me from getting the
job? I opted for the box next to White. I got the job, but still I
wonder what would have happened if I'd checked the other box? On the
other hand I've seen job promotions affected by affirmative action as
well. Not being promoted for being better qualified for the job, but
promoted so there would be an even number of ethnic employees as well
as whites. What's fair anymore?
John - Melb
2008-11-15 23:34:55 UTC
I don't believe ethnic origin, skin colour, race, religion or any
other label we chose to put on each other makes the slightest bit of
difference. The laziest bastard I've ever met was a Muslim Turk, the
second laziest was a Catholic from the Philipines. People is people,
regardless of if they are black, white or brindle, regardless of they
worship God, Allah or the Great Pumpkin. Being a wart on the backside
of humanity doesn't require any other qualifications.

I remember once asking a workmate of mine if I was racist, he replied
that I was, and then pointed out it was my turn to make the coffee.
Charley is a Wauthoruong man, who's greatest hate are those he
describes as being from the "wanker tribe".
Leonidas Acidophilus
2008-11-15 23:47:52 UTC
On Nov 15, 9:16 am, "***@acd.net" <***@acd.net> wrote:

It's stupid of me to respond at length to something like this, but
maybe it's one of those things you have to do, even if you don't want
to.
Post by l***@acd.net
 There are African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Arab Americans,
 etc. And then there are just Americans.
Racial prejudice goes back much farther than 1990 or so, when people
began to adopt politically-correct terms. The "fight", "debate",
"controversy", what have you, really has nothing to do with what
people choose to call themselves.
Post by l***@acd.net
You pass me on the street and sneer in my
 direction.
Who is "you"? *All* people of color? That's the implication. If it's
not the implication, then who exactly is he talking about?
Post by l***@acd.net
You call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey ,'  'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ...
 and that's OK.
No, it's not okay. It's racial prejudice.
Post by l***@acd.net
 But when I call you, Nigger, Kike, Towel head, Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey, Beaner,
 Gook, or Chink ... You call me a racist.
That's because those are racist terms, and using those terms is
racist.
Post by l***@acd.net
You say that whites commit a lot of violence
 against you ...
Not all white people commit violence period. Not all violent white
people commit hate crimes. But there is a long history of racial
violence in this country, and that can't be denied. The KKK, the
Neo-Nazis, etc.
Post by l***@acd.net
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
Poverty breeds violence. Ghettos are dangerous because they're poor
areas, not because of who lives there.
Post by l***@acd.net
 You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have
 Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You have Yom Hashoah. You have
 Ma'uled Al-Nabi. You have the NAACP.
The United Negro College Fund is set up to help poor black kids go to
college. It's important because poverty in the black community is
widespread, and can mostly be counteracted by giving kids better
opportunities. MLK Day and Cesar Chavez Day honor noble men who fought
hard battles to help the underprivileged. The NAACP is an advocacy
group for a segment of the population that needs advocates. Black
History Month is a way for us never to forget what happened to the
African slaves who were brought here to work on the plantations. It's
also a way of encouraging black kids to learn about where their
ancestors came from. All very important.
Post by l***@acd.net
You have BET...If we had WET (White
 Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.
We do have White Entertainment Television. It's called the other 149
channels on TV. Hence the need for BET.
Post by l***@acd.net
If we had a White Pride Day, you would
call
 us racists.
When people of color take pride in their origins, it's to gain a sense
of empowerment. People of European extraction are already empowered in
this country.
Post by l***@acd.net
If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.
For the most part, the history taught in school is European history.
Even world history textbooks focus almost entirely on European
history, with a few chapters that touch on the rest of the world
(which, by the way, accounts for the vast majority of its citizens.)
So, in other words, every month is White History Month.
Post by l***@acd.net
If we had any
organization
 for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives we'd be racists.
Insitutional racism takes too long to explain. Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism
Post by l***@acd.net
We have a Hispanic Chamber of
Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of
 Commerce. Wonder who pays for that?
If you don't like paying taxes, vote for someone who doesn't believe
in them. If that person doesn't win, that's democracy.
Post by l***@acd.net
 A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be
 in the Miss America pageant.
 If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...You know we'd
be racists.
 There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US. Yet if there were
'White colleges' That would be a racist college.
 In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and
rights.
 If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
 You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to
announce it.
 But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.
Racial pride for people of color, again, is a form of empowerment. It
wouldn't be about that for white people, who are already empowered. It
wouldn't serve any purpose. Sure, there are lots of white people who
aren't empowered at all, but they're not disempowered because of their
race, but because of other reasons, such as disability. Not
surprisingly, we have things like Mental Health Awareness Month, the
Special Olympics, the Paralympics, etc., which serve the same
function. The only time people stand up to march for white pride is
when they're either giving a Nazi salute or wearing a hood. Why is
that? Are they the vanguard of a new, sane America? Are they the brave
ones who say what needs to be said? To me, they're fucking racists.
Post by l***@acd.net
 You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.
Who is "you"? For the sake of argument, let's replace "you" with
"people of color". "People of color rob us, carjack us, and shoot at
us." Posting that racist statement alone is a shameful thing to do.
Post by l***@acd.net
But, when a white police officer shoots a
black
 gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat
 to society, you call him a racist.
Not necessarily. It depends on the circumstances.
Post by l***@acd.net
 I am proud...But you call me a racist. Why is it that only whites can be racists??
Anyone can be a racist. And yes, whoever wrote this is a racist.
Post by l***@acd.net
 There is nothing improper about this e-mail...
Only by the most liberal definition of "improper". I suppose by the
legal definition, this is hate speech.
Post by l***@acd.net
Let's see which of you are proud enough
 to send it on.
 I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have lost most of OUR RIGHTS in this
country. We won't stand up for ourselves!
White people pretty much run this country. I really don't think they
need to stand up and be counted more than they have been.
Post by l***@acd.net
 BE PROUD TO BE WHITE!
This is either the original post, or one of the first:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.impeach.bush/msg/f9640c42bb617b07?dmode=source

(watch the word wrap)

Here's more by that poster:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.culture.african.american.history/msg/92a8f7b30deb127d?dmode=source

He also posted a few links to a site run by the National Vanguard.
Here's the Wikipedia article about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Vanguard_(American_organization)

This is hate speech, people. It should be plain as day.

Ian
http://rastallian.blogspot.com/
Ken Dixon
2008-11-16 00:51:15 UTC
Wow! I wish big mouth bass were as easy to catch as you guys.
Ngo Dinh Diem
2008-11-16 01:00:21 UTC
Post by Ken Dixon
Wow! I wish big mouth bass were as easy to catch as you guys.
Ken - you put it better than I think anyone could! Or maybe one could
substitute a $10 Mastro de Paja on the place of big mouth bass ^_^
Cheers,
Peter.
Jimmy Muraco
2008-11-16 02:05:31 UTC
mmmmmm.....smoked sea bass.....

Kim
2008-11-16 02:50:13 UTC
Hey Jimmy, why didn't you post this in my evening smoke thread ???

Kim
Briarroot
2008-11-16 08:50:10 UTC
Post by Ken Dixon
Wow! I wish big mouth bass were as easy to catch as you guys.
ZZZZZIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!

;-)

Regards,

Tim "I'm pink with a few freckles" Parker ... GL Pease Cumberland in a
basket billiard
Bill
2008-11-17 00:28:50 UTC
Post by l***@acd.net
 Michael Richards better known as Kramer from TVs Seinfeld does make a good point.
 This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act.
 He makes some very interesting points...

Bullshit. Michael Richards never had to go to court for making his
racial remarks. This tired ass chain letter has been making it's
rounds for years and you're a fucking idiot for posting it.